Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Sun May 22, 2005 7:02 pm

Level 27

Heh. Heh heh.

[later] OK, I put my solution on the Wiki, but I'm unhappy with the best explanation I could come up with for the first part of this level. It certainly fits the clues, but mostly with benefit of hindsight :wink:. If you find a clearer way to explain it, please add it to the Wiki!
<<

johnlr

Post Mon May 23, 2005 3:59 am

So is it a tinkle tinkle or a ding dong? :)
<<

tah

Post Mon May 23, 2005 9:06 am

I notice something through the static, I just haven't been able to get it tuned in.
<<

tah

Post Mon May 23, 2005 12:13 pm

Well, I pierced the static, but the method I used is pretty dubious, and doesn't fit any clues, even in hindsight. So, I won't be cleaning up any explanations any time soon.

The result looks like it should get me to the next step, but no such luck. It looks like I need to go back and review the clues again.
Last edited by tah on Tue May 24, 2005 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Mon May 23, 2005 12:23 pm

tah wrote:Well, I pierced the static, but the method I used is pretty dubious, and doesn't fit any clues, even in hindsight.

Don't despair -- that may mean you're on the right track :)

... The result looks like it should get me to the next step, but no such luck.

Then here's a hint, which may not seem like one at first: from what you've said, I can't guess what you found -- but telling me whether you're busy might :wink:.
<<

tah

Post Mon May 23, 2005 12:53 pm

UncleTimmy wrote:
tah wrote:Well, I pierced the static, but the method I used is pretty dubious, and doesn't fit any clues, even in hindsight.

Don't despair -- that may mean you're on the right track :)

Oh dear...

UncleTimmy wrote:
... The result looks like it should get me to the next step, but no such luck.

Then here's a hint, which may not seem like one at first: from what you've said, I can't guess what you found -- but telling me whether you're busy might :wink:.

I don't think I am, although I've heard I should be.
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Mon May 23, 2005 1:17 pm

tah wrote:
UncleTimmy wrote:
tah wrote:... The result looks like it should get me to the next step, but no such luck.

I don't think I am, although I've heard I should be.

Fascinating! As thesamet's Level 27 announcement said, "featuring two stages". I'm unsure of which stage he thought would get cracked first, but I'm pretty sure now that you & I cracked them in opposite orders. And maybe your ordering was intended -- by the time I heard I should be busy, my thought was "busy with what? this is as good as done now" :wink:.

Anyway, hurry up and solve the rest :) I'm really keen to learn how you pierced the static, and seemingly without zigzagging between the tables. LOL -- I hope nobody is reading these looking for a clue :roll:
<<

tah

Post Mon May 23, 2005 4:40 pm

UncleTimmy wrote:
Anyway, hurry up and solve the rest :) I'm really keen to learn how you pierced the static, and seemingly without zigzagging between the tables. LOL -- I hope nobody is reading these looking for a clue :roll:

It all makes perfect sense to me :wink: Well, except I haven't come up with a full complement of tables. I may have one. I'm beginning to suspect that I'll need those to solve the second part, although I could easily be wrong about that.

For a second I thought another table would be sitting on some peanut butter, but that doesn't seem to be panning out.

-tim
<<

tah

Post Tue May 24, 2005 7:46 am

tah wrote:It all makes perfect sense to me :wink: Well, except I haven't come up with a full complement of tables. I may have one. I'm beginning to suspect that I'll need those to solve the second part, although I could easily be wrong about that.
-

[Finds a big pile o' bytes]
Aha!
[They appear to be useless]
Sigh.
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Thu May 26, 2005 12:49 pm

I see the zigzag between the tables now, and I also see the errors in that zigzag that suddenly made me be busy. I see a lot of keywords here..

Nearly there I think.
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Thu May 26, 2005 1:13 pm

Next step was easy.

Nice going Tim, I hadn't seen the hidden taunts in the image, great explanation in the Wiki.
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Thu May 26, 2005 3:12 pm

mjpieters wrote:... I hadn't seen the hidden taunts in the image

Oh, how embarrasing :oops: -- until you wrote that, it never occurred to me that the taunt was itself a hint. LOL! Of course it was.

So which did you uncover first: the taunt/hint you didn't see, or what it was hinting at? I found the latter first, but I'm increasingly suspicious it was intended to find the taunt first. And, of course, how to get the image is obvious to even the most casual observer :wink:.
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Thu May 26, 2005 10:58 pm

UncleTimmy wrote:So which did you uncover first: the taunt/hint you didn't see, or what it was hinting at? I found the latter first, but I'm increasingly suspicious it was intended to find the taunt first. And, of course, how to get the image is obvious to even the most casual observer :wink:.

But Tim, you know you and I are anything but casual observers here... :D

I never thought of visual information at all until I saw your descriptions in the Wiki. When I found the first 'hickup' in the zigzag, I hopefully recognized the character and when the second bump matched that hope as well, I never looked for anything else. I guess we're just too smart and experienced at playing this game now. :wink:
<<

TimK

Post Fri May 27, 2005 11:24 am

Finished!

Whew! Finished for now.

Maybe I'll be able to sleep now - for a few days anyway :D

I only found half of the clues on this one - made it pretty hard on myself.
<<

johnlr

Post Sat May 28, 2005 4:04 am

Finally making some progress :) . I suspect it is just the taunt, but was more fun than looking at static.

Ok got the second part too. Yay
Next

Return to Python Challenge Hints