Level 23

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Mon May 16, 2005 6:41 pm

Level 23

Whew! I haven't found it yet, broken or not.
<<

johnlr

Post Mon May 16, 2005 8:44 pm

Yep, there seems to be a few clues that don't lead anywhere.
I haven't stumbled onto any clue pages yet, just a bunch of 404s
<<

thesamet

Python Challenge Leader

Post Tue May 17, 2005 12:05 am

literally

don't think too hard, this is one of the easiest riddles.

Hint 1: the TODO hint is irrelevant for this level, but doing that now can save you time later. BTW: He does not like cookies.

Hint 2: think of the other source hint literally.
<<

johnlr

Post Tue May 17, 2005 12:59 am

Re: literally

thesamet wrote:don't think too hard, this is one of the easiest riddles.

Thanks. I feel much better now :cry:
<<

rspyc

Post Tue May 17, 2005 6:42 am

OK, I found. Not very difficult indeed. I haven't found out exactly who and/or how to make an apology, but I guess can always come back later to do that.
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Tue May 17, 2005 7:59 am

rspyc wrote:OK, I found. Not very difficult indeed. I haven't found out exactly who and/or how to make an apology, but I guess can always come back later to do that.

thesamet's clues above were perfect! Can't wait to see how Lua, Ruby, Perl or Scheme programmers solve this one :wink:.

BTW, you already know to whom you should apologize, and indeed nothing about apologizing has anything to do with this level.
<<

rspyc

Post Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 am

UncleTimmy wrote:BTW, you already know to whom you should apologize

Yeah, I thought I knew, but I didn't succeed at first and I gave up. I guess got the correct person, but since I didn't persist I don't know for sure.
<<

rspyc

Post Tue May 17, 2005 8:13 am

UncleTimmy wrote:thesamet's clues above were perfect! Can't wait to see how Lua, Ruby, Perl or Scheme programmers solve this one :wink:.

You should know :) In a number of leves the web development people were at an advantage, but the module in this level really is something for you, isn't it :wink:
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Tue May 17, 2005 10:01 am

rspyc wrote:
UncleTimmy wrote:BTW, you already know to whom you should apologize

Yeah, I thought I knew, but I didn't succeed at first and I gave up. I guess got the correct person, but since I didn't persist I don't know for sure.

I'm sure you have the correct person :wink:. I tried apologizing in a way I never tried before, and that seemed to work. I think other people tried that way earlier, but I don't know whether it, umm, elicited a response at that time. It's obvious after you've done it :twisted:
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Tue May 17, 2005 10:19 am

rspyc wrote:
UncleTimmy wrote:thesamet's clues above were perfect! Can't wait to see how Lua, Ruby, Perl or Scheme programmers solve this one :wink:.

You should know :) In a number of leves the web development people were at an advantage, but the module in this level really is something for you, isn't it :wink:

Oh, it's embarrassing how long I spent on this level :oops:! Maybe I was too close to it. Besides, this is a module written by Fred Drake -- scour CVS for all modules Fred originally wrote, and you'll eventually find this :wink:.
<<

johnlr

Post Tue May 17, 2005 3:13 pm

UncleTimmy wrote:
rspyc wrote:

Oh, it's embarrassing how long I spent on this level :oops:! Maybe I was too close to it. Besides, this is a module written by Fred Drake -- scour CVS for all modules Fred originally wrote, and you'll eventually find this :wink:.

ok so I have been thinking for quite a while that the module was probably this. But I can't work out what to do with it :/ I guess "it can't find it" is the clue but it isn't clicking yet
<<

rspyc

Post Tue May 17, 2005 3:15 pm

johnlr wrote:ok so I have been thinking for quite a while that the module was probably this. But I can't work out what to do with it :/ I guess "it can't find it" is the clue but it isn't clicking yet

No, it's the other one, the one about the face.

Again, the hint should be taken quite literally!
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Tue May 17, 2005 3:20 pm

rspyc wrote:
johnlr wrote:ok so I have been thinking for quite a while that the module was probably this. But I can't work out what to do with it :/ I guess "it can't find it" is the clue but it isn't clicking yet

No, it's the other one, the one about the face.

I'm not sure whether that's a spoiler. OTOH, I'm not sure whether saying it's the one about gur snpr would be either :wink:
<<

rspyc

Post Tue May 17, 2005 3:27 pm

UncleTimmy wrote:I'm not sure whether that's a spoiler. OTOH, I'm not sure whether saying it's the one about gur snpr would be either :wink:

Oops, I think I went a step too far. To all moderators: feel free to delete any spoilers if I'm making things too obvious.
<<

johnlr

Post Tue May 17, 2005 3:28 pm

Ah. enlightenment from earlier days was helpful

onto level 24
Next

Return to Python Challenge Hints