FAQ  •  Login

Level 30

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

jhaas

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:51 pm

Help please. Have had the formula for awhile, have no idea what to use for x and i, nor what to do with n once computed. I made an assumption that x was the obvious choice and that therefore n was one of 1000 values and, uh, tried them all as the next URL. Not in the spirit of things and I felt dirty, and almost glad) that it didn't work. A nice solid push in the right direction would be much appreciated, but I'd prefer not to get an outright spoiler if that can be avoided.

(edit: oops, just saw the sticky saying DO NOT USE BRUTE FORCE. My bad.)
<<

jhaas

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Never mind, I got it. For those who are stuck where I was stuck, the critical turning point for me was coming to a key realization that the number of unique values in the CSV file seemed... excessive.
<<

Giraffe

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 am

I am stuck at level 30 for a rather long time now (came to level 30 somewere last year :-) ).

The only thing I see is a table of "floats" and I am able to extract some factors from those.

I have no idea how or where to see a formular or something similar.

Can someone give me a slight nudge in the right direction, please?
<<

czarny

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Re: Level 30

Uff I've used all the tricks I could think off on this one, and yet I'm nowhere....

I've factored everything I could get my hand on including probably the right thing, since I've got the primes list.

But after that I've applied those factors in various ways to the list of floats (or numbers) and haven't got anything out...

Think somebody would push me out of this local minima?
Previous

Return to Python Challenge Hints