FAQ  •  Login

Level 17

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

aroldan

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:23 pm

Ok, I've found L but I don't know whether I have to send him one snack at time or the whole snacks as a whole? I even tried the recipe I used to find him but I can't still figure out how to feed him back.

Nevermind, I got it now :)
<<

michael_g_hu

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Somebody help me!
I've stuck on this nearly a month. I found L but I don't know
how to send him the message.
A spoiler also is welcome!
<<

pythor

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:50 am

Can't Even get started...

Please help... I went back to level X... I found the comment that I should have followed [blah], which makes me think of X+2. But I can't figure out what that means, since going to X+2 doesn't give me any more snacks. The only snack I've got is that comment. Where are all the snacks? I'm hungry!
<<

pythor

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:22 am

OK, I feel stupid

I looked at this thing for days... I had the [blah] comment, and never figured out what it meant. Luckily, some googling today led me to some spoilers, so now I know what [blah] is for. It's so obvious that I'm kicking myself. I tried every other way to put [blah] in a URL, and missed the simplest.
<<

cleg

Post Mon May 14, 2007 2:46 am

Something broken with phonebook?
I can't get L's phone because phonebook always gives me "Invalid document" error :-(

Few days ago, my code was working excellent. But now I can't find the number :-(

Pleas help! I can't extend to next level without it :-(

I've tried different computers but helpless. As you can see, not only me having this problem.
<<

leonelag

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Stuck with len(result) == 118

Hi,

I ate the snacks and ended up with a sequence with 118 items. Now when I try to apply a certain function in a certain python module to it, all I get is 'invalid data stream'.

I am aware that the pluses in the sequence are trouble, but I don't have a clue on how to treat the pluses to fix the sequence.

What am I supposed to do with the pluses in the sequence ? Treating the pluses is enough to fix the sequence ?

[]'s
Leonel
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Stuck with len(result) == 118

leonelag wrote:What am I supposed to do with the pluses in the sequence ? Treating the pluses is enough to fix the sequence ?

Quite possibly! The relevant module has 4 varieties of a method, half to go one way, the other half to go the other way, and for each direction, a normal and a pluses version..
<<

leonelag

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 am

Solved. Now, on to lvl 18.

The relevant module has 4 varieties of a method

It has indeed, and I overlooked them. Dare I say this module is poorly built and documented ?

Instead, after I ate the snacks and got the sequence, I treated the pluses in the sequence by hand. The I used a program that was lying in /usr/bin on the sequence.
<<

taralluccio

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 am

Uhm, I am definitely missing something. So far I have only been told about yummy things, asked whether I want to eat or play and then sent back... These diversions are so nice! :)

Now, I am rather hungry... but nobody (not even gur jro freire) is giving me any yummy things to eat.

Edit: found it, eventually. What a nasty level!
<<

ewall

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 pm

This one is driving me nuts. I haven't got to any coding because I haven't got anything to work with!

So I hear there's a compressed file somewhere, but I can't find it. I figured out that the picture-in-a-picture refers to a previous level, but putting in words from this level just leads me to solve that old level again, which is useless.

Can anyone give another hint on where to start?
<<

taralluccio

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:25 am

ewall wrote:Can anyone give another hint on where to start?

Have you seen the small image in the bottom left? Do you remember any previous level with this image? Try playing it again, you may find some yummy things fgberq va lbhe oebjfre.
<<

Zaphod

Post Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Level 17

This is hopeless! I have tried a million possibilities to find another chain from level 4, the one with the nothings, but I can't.
Won't somebody please help me? I have liked these challenges very much until now, so I don't want to stop here.
Perhaps I have to type a word I have never heard of ( not being english )?

If I find the compressed file everybody speaks of, then maybe I can move on. Please help, perhaps with a PM...
<<

ovid

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:27 am

I think this level is broken since 2010

I have solved this level several years ago and am now doing the challenge again. I slightly recall the solution, and I already have seen other solutions that rely on things no longer valid:

caution spoiler

When walking the 'busy' chain, all containers containing bits of information have expired at 08-Jul-2010. The only thing they carry as info is deleted
<<

tor_lobo

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:46 pm

You will be unable to solve this challenge using Python 3.2. It appears some binary data was translated to text using a function that was designed to translate from text to text. The reverse operation does not work under Python 3.2 (and it doesn't have to, because the input data is improperly formatted).
<<

brambit

Post Mon May 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Brilliant level. Onward!
Previous

Return to Python Challenge Hints