Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

sacherjj

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Re: I'm blind!

arekm wrote:
cicadia wrote:The next clue is not so much *in* the jpeg file as it is *past* it. You just have to know how to ask for what you want.

My wife was trying to guess what's behind the fence and that way we ended directly in level 25 :-)

I wish I did that on this level. I've been banging my head just getting started on level 21 for quite a while now. In fact, I might spend some time on this method of solving it. :)
<<

scoobysnack

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:26 am

I realise that I'm a couple of years late to be posting in this thread... I'm hoping that there is someone still keeping an eye on the board from time to time.
I've managed to look past the fence, I've found my way inside and I know my nickname. I've also found my way to the backdoor and been told where something is hidden. I've gone to that location and received a large file...
I've checked the 'magic number' and so I'm fairly certain of what it is but I cannot get it open... I know what's in it, and I know their names and size (one big, one small) etc. (I used a ***Info class to examine the contents - which should only work if it is a 'PK' sort of file). I've tried reversing byte order, reversing line order, leaving it as it is, downloading raw content, downloading non-raw content...
I only started learning Python about 3 weeks ago and I have no prior experience of programming languages - am I facing a glitch here or is there more to 'solve' in this level?
Should I have used the password by now?
<<

sacherjj

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:29 pm

You are correct in your assumption for the file type. I did not use Python itself for the last step, just used an application for it. It prompts when needed. The biggest hangup for me was making sure that I told Python to treat the file as binary. Feel free to send me a PM if you are still stuck. I am currently stuck on 21 and would like another person working on that one. :)
Last edited by sacherjj on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

scoobysnack

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:53 am

You star!! I can't understand why I didn't think of that... see you in level 21!
<<

PEZ

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:51 am

Gah

I finally did it. I still can't see how the recipe section N.N really fits with the back of the private property. My advice to anyone else that feels really stuck after having been let inside is to use an absolute address for the back yard and it should look much the same as for the front yard. And when you have your password. Keep pushing the same way as you did at the front, just slightly backwards.

Level 21 looks really interesting. I think I might have played the same game when I was a kid. =)
<<

Rebecca

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:26 am

Re: Level 20

This is strange. I can see the "and it is h..." message with a certain Python lib, but when I try the same with a certain Ruby lib, or a Linux command line program, I get a 416 error... All other messages and the "it" work without problems.
Previous

Return to Python Challenge Hints