FAQ  •  Login

Level 33

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

arnache

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 am

Done it ! The idea is wonderful. Now I know why the image is darker near the upper and lower borders.

new2py : your coded indication was very helpful. I was looking in the right direction but with a wrong definition of light (and there are many possibilities). So I started decoding your hint, letter by letter. Before I translated the last letter I was completely stalled. Once I had it, all I read in the forum made sense and I knew in a second (really) exactly what to do and what would happen.
<<

interesse

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:02 pm

It took several weeks for me to realize that the appropriate tool for removing something are scissors, not a bucket of paint...

Great Challenge! I definitely want more like that. Any hints (to other programming challenges, whether python or not)?
<<

Mr_Wibble

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 am

I've been stuck on this one for a very long time - any hints by PM would be gratefully received.
<<

Dexter

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:44 am

Im stuck.. really stuck. i get the hint about the removing part. but i dont know how to use it, i cant read the picture.

Please can anyone pm me?
<<

mentalray

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:57 pm

Dexter wrote:Im stuck.. really stuck. i get the hint about the removing part. but i dont know how to use it, i cant read the picture.

I'm also stuck here since forever. I tried to remove the light, but I see the same thing... only darker.

Using scissors or paint didn't make any fundamental changes.

More hints would be highly appreciated!
<<

cybrown

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Lost on 33...

I've finally made it to 33, although I can't say that I did it all myself. I'm quite lost now, though. I think I understand the rather blatant hints about using scissors instead of paint or filters, but I'm still left with a whole bunch of data points (18772 of them, to be precise), that don't seem particularly enlightening. I'm seeing a word in the poem that might have an interesting double meaning, but all my attempts at using it have failed. Can someone help?
<<

Lath

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 pm

It sounds like you've removed its power, but not its might.
<<

hobbyist

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Done! When I finally caught on to what was going on, my jaw dropped. That must have taken a crazier amount of effort than usual.

I apparently didn't get all of the hints contained in the poem, but I still managed to slog through it. Without exception, square is fair.
<<

Wax

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:15 am

I'm stuck again.
Maybe my english is too poor, but i don't know what to do with this poem.
Does "remove the light" mean change the brightness of the pic ?
I did it but i can't see any X.
Maybe i'm just on the wrong track.

If someone's still there, a PM would be appreciated. :) :(
<<

jhaas

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Hmmm... I'm feeling thick. I hope someone's still reading this and can nudge me.

None of the things in this thread makes the least bit of sense to me; I see no poem, no Xes, no scissors. I think I'm on 33... at least, if I take my current URL and replace the "pc" with "pcc" I'm granted access to the solutions wiki for 32. I'm congratulated on making it through to a happy reptile, and cautioned that "without cost" is being used in an expressive sense rather than another. Nothing in the source (nor in any of the files included via href) suggests where to go from here... or where to find a poem. Help?

Edit: thanks to hobbyist for the PM nudge, I'm really at 33 now.
<<

yanzixiangnande

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 am

does it means something with a lost bottle?

I have got the "X" image, But I have no idea how to remove the "light", I even don't know what does "light" means.

So i look at the beer1.jpg again.
Does it means something with a lost bottle?
<<

SaDjehwty

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:43 am

I found the X, but i don't know how means light, power and might (maybe my english is too poor).
Please PM some clear hint or solution.
Thank you
Previous

Return to Python Challenge Hints