FAQ  •  Login

Level 20

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

aroldan

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:25 pm

Help please, I've been told that I'm in and also have the password but I don't know what to do next. Have I found front and back already? What's those files someone mentioned something about?
<<

geon

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:06 am

uff

This level was really hard for me, the hardest one so far.

Once you found some rule, some pattern, then this is patter is forgotten and new one (some used to say - the same under a new look) is here. Also, the are some confusing posts in this forum, that lead me wrong way apart from my own mistakes. The most difficult was to find the way how to get first replay - thanks one of you for PM.

On my first wrong way I learned how to read picture part by part. On my second wrong way I was trying to search the web with get/post requests. Sorry for that. On my third wrong way I used a long time the older suitable module.

I am in level 21 - how to check to "proper" solution? It was always under pcc/.. but now its not so clear.
<<

oiffrig

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:23 am

Re: uff

geon wrote:I am in level 21 - how to check to "proper" solution? It was always under pcc/.. but now its not so clear.

The solution will be awailable as soon as you solve level 21's riddle
<<

Mickey

Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:36 pm

What's my new nickname?

I'm stuck...I think on the *inside* of the fence. Perhaps I've been bad, because I didn't respect someone's privacy, but I've been told that I should do something to my new nickname to get something else. These are the only two clues I've been able to find. :-(

At the very least, I seem to have missed the part where I learned what that new nickname is and what to do with it.

Anyone?
<<

oiffrig

Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:55 pm

Perhaps you've gone too far, or too fast
Re-read all the messages, if you've been told you are inside, you might know your new nickname
<<

Mickey

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:53 am

oiffrig wrote:Perhaps you've gone too far, or too fast
Re-read all the messages, if you've been told you are inside, you might know your new nickname

Aha! Thank you, oiffrig! My problem was that I didn't go far enough. I took one timid step inside the fence (from two different angles) with success, and didn't realize that there was even *more* excitement if I intruded further. :roll:

By the way, for any Eclipse addicts like me out there, now that PyDev released version 1.2.1, solving these puzzles is MUCH easier. The local variables in the debug perspective are a godsend.
<<

djrobo

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:57 am

Ok, I am definetally on the right track on this one, but cant seem to figure out the last bit. I have found the magic '020' number, as well as the other number right next to it. I am using the teachings of 14.35, but am unsure of what to ask for. Everything I try seems to give me the same image again. Many people say they get messages saying they are inside the fence, but I dont even know where such a message would be returned to me at.

[Edit] Made it inside the fence, but there seems to be a wall directly after the fence. Cant seem to get around it.
[Edit] Found the back of the fence. On to lvl 21.
<<

Chirono

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:41 pm

ok.....So i haven't got a clue where to even begin. I have no experience with web stuff --apart from casual browsing-- so i'm a bit stuck! Could someone give me some good articles etc to get me up to speed on what i might need to know?

Cheers!
<<

djrobo

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:28 am

Chirono wrote:ok.....So i haven't got a clue where to even begin. I have no experience with web stuff --apart from casual browsing-- so i'm a bit stuck! Could someone give me some good articles etc to get me up to speed on what i might need to know?

Cheers!

The first step is probably to read of the great gospel of 14.35. Find what that is and you will be on your way. Any other Requests for me to Comment on? :lol:
<<

Chirono

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:32 pm

I'd really appreceate and explination on how to get started. I've read the 14.25 thing and it mad NO sence...

I really dont have a clue as to what i need to do. Except look way beyond the fence. But that doesnt help!
<<

Chirono

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:13 pm

Anyone?
<<

oiffrig

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:32 am

Possible spoiler (remove if too explicit):
Look at what the server "says" when he shows you the fence
<<

Chirono

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:03 pm

Probably a stupid question, but how?
<<

Luzandro

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:01 pm

Chirono wrote:Probably a stupid question, but how?

Presumably too much of a spoiler, so at least rot13:

n (tencuvpny) jrooebjfre vf abg nyjnlf gur orfg gbby gb qvfpbire jung gur freire vf "fnlvat" - gel hfvat grkgonfrq gbbyf yvxr 'phey'
<<

Chirono

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:20 pm

What about in python?

[Edit] Aha! Right. looked at the image rather than than the webpage and got the number with 020 in and the sequence-y number. Tried to look past the 020 number but cant...I really don't know what i'm doing.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints