Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

Nic

Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:35 am

heeeeelp

I'm really stuck on this level :(

I look in the file, I recognise the header(s) inside it but the module I would use for it returns me an error... And there's a hint about looking backwards I just don't connect to the rest of it...

Can someone who has solved this send me a PM? I don't want a solution... I mostly just want to know if those things I think I know (1951?) are correct...
<<

oiffrig

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:34 am

Don't know what I have to put in my l__s
Could someone help me? (by PM if it's spoiler)

EDIT: Found the sequence, but don't know what to do with...
<<

jsegrave

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:12 am

what the l__?

I went back and forth 6 pairs of times, collecting an l__ with every step, so I now have 72 of them. The l__s from the 'forth' steps are all very close in values, the l__s from the 'back' steps are not as close together (but very similar). But I can't see any pattern to them, nor does it remind me of any previous level. More hints or a PM would be most appreciated

Arrgh - simple programming error, I got a lot more that 72 steps and found the pattern after all. Grumble
<<

mudboy

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:54 am

huh?

what l__s?

Edit: ahh... those l__s. But what do I do to them ?
<<

mudboy

Post Tue May 09, 2006 9:52 am

Re: Help for non-python ppl

seriousken wrote:It sounds like some specific python functionality is helpful here. I'm doing almost all of these in ruby, and discovering what people mean when they say the library is not as complete (you can't set cookies on http client requests???), but mostly muddling along just fine.

The file has high entropy, which means standard lossless compression, some kind of lossy media file, or encryption, but I haven't figured out what kind of file doesn't need a header. Can someone drop a breadcrumb?

K

You can send headers with open-uri

Code:
open(url, "Cookie" => cookie) do |f|
    puts f.meta['set-cookie']
end

I have managed to do all the challenges so far in ruby, apart from the peak hell level.
<<

mudboy

Post Wed May 10, 2006 8:37 am

could someone give a hand

I am really stuck on this level. I have got the l__s but I don't know what to do with them. The number don't mean anything to me. The hints are just teasing me now. I have gone back to the level referenced in this thread but I still can't work out what to do with the data.

Could some please pm me with some help/the answer.
<<

chaotix

Post Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 pm

Hint please

I've reached the message about those l__s, and from the hints here I gather that these l__s are something that should be collected in the first process of this puzzle...
But, I have no idea what those are.
If anyone could help me reach that sequence everybody's been talking about, that would be great.
<<

mudboy

Post Thu May 18, 2006 3:39 am

help

try thinking about how many times you had to open the package, forwards and backwards, one wrapping then the next.
<<

djrobo

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:44 am

Ok guys, I need some help here. I am really at a loss for even how to begin this challenge. I honestly have no idea what module I am even supposed to use to open this package file to begin with. I have read these hint pages front to back and have come out empty handed so far. Any help or PMs are appreciated.
<<

oiffrig

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Still without a clue.

jtauber wrote:The biggest hint I can give for someone who is still stuck with package.pack is to encourage you to think about WHY IT DOESN'T COMPRESS.

Did you read this?
<<

djrobo

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:07 am

Re: Still without a clue.

oiffrig wrote:
jtauber wrote:The biggest hint I can give for someone who is still stuck with package.pack is to encourage you to think about WHY IT DOESN'T COMPRESS.

Did you read this?

Yes, I did read that and it still doesnt help.

Edit: I seem to have gotten at least started in the right direction now.
<<

djrobo

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 am

Ok, I have the l__s message, and have collected the (6,3) sequence, but cant seem to figure out what the sequence is supposed to mean. Any hints? I have read over all of the previous posts, and they havnt helped me figure past this part.
<<

djrobo

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:36 am

Got it! Thats a load off my mind, but seriously.... that last part was a bit over the top.
<<

darkaura

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:55 pm

What ?

Okay, so I've unwrapped it a few times,but what was my present? I've used two modules to unwrap it so far. Is there a third? I'm so confused. I can't recognize this format. Oh wait, Time to go back.
<<

darkaura

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:03 pm

Re: What ?

darkaura wrote:Okay, so I've unwrapped it a few times,but what was my present? I've used two modules to unwrap it so far. Is there a third? I'm so confused. I can't recognize this format. Oh wait, Time to go back.

Yeah. so I see the sequence now. Don't yet know what to do with it, but I'm going to bed.

Edit: Few questions about the sequence...
Do I need to consider when I "looked backwards" in the logs?
Is it a sequence of pairs? [(6,3), (10, 3)...]
I got the wrong "HIJJIIHIJ", so thats something at least.

I thought I understood the reference to the someone made "hill", but I can't loads/dumps anything, unless I made a mistake.

Edit again:

Oh right. I was trying to find the .p file what I needed was already unpickled.

Level 22, FINALLY. a**hole :-) j/k
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints