FAQ  •  Login

Level 17

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

glmrenard

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:50 am

As you, I have only one '+', but transforming it in space (and all the %.. to decimal value and decimal value to ascii code) I was able to decompress it without problem.
If you want more about this problem, PM me.

Good luck fior the 'send'
<<

CarmineM

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:33 pm

glmrenard wrote:As you, I have only one '+', but transforming it in space (and all the %.. to decimal value and decimal value to ascii code) I was able to decompress it without problem.
If you want more about this problem, PM me.

Good luck fior the 'send'

Many thanks for your support.
It seems that the replace of '+' doesn't work the way I expected.
I tried building the file from scratch and now it works.

Time to send Mr. L those F.

;)
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:56 pm

CarmineM wrote:... 2. Why almost everybody is talking about plural "+"? I can see only one "+" and still have a 118 chars long sequence!

I never figured that out either. There's one '+' before decoding, and one '+' after. Maybe that's what they meant.
<<

mca

Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:51 am

Hi,

I gave L a call, then sent him some snack to eat (F is an unusual ingredient), but he keeps asking me what I want, and tells me that I forgot some other stuff that I wouldn't dare add to any snack recipe !

What am I missing to convince L to send me to the next level ?

Thanks
<<

mca

Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:11 am

mca wrote:I gave L a call, then sent him some snack to eat (F is an unusual ingredient), but he keeps asking me what I want, and tells me that I forgot some other stuff that I wouldn't dare add to any snack recipe !

What am I missing to convince L to send me to the next level ?

ok, found it. I looked to much for some hidden meaning when it was just as obvious as usual ...
<<

arkanes

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:27 am

I'm totally stuck. And I thought I was almost there. I found my snack, followed the lead, found the rest of the snacks, decoded them, and have been instructed to deliver the F. I have no idea where to deliver it too. The phone book I used before is useless. I've baked a snack with the F and delivered to to everyone I can think of, none of whom respond. Any hints on where I can find L are greatly appreciated.

Edit:
Gah. L indeed. I spent a day and a half trying to figure that out.
<<

nitza19

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Still looking for the file to get "busy" with..

Hey all,

I have been stuck on this riddle for two weeks. I know what the "snack" is hinting at, and have explored that module, but before I can even do anything with getting or giving snacks, I have to find a file to decompress, and I can't find it! I am, as has happened with many of the riddles, stuck at the beginning and most of the hints on this level have been at a further point I cannot yet get to. I am new to programming and most "webstuff" in general, so my question may seem simplistic to many of you!

Feel free to pm/icq me if you don't want to post "easy" hints to the forum or something. I'd really appreciate hints, I don't want to stop here!

Thanks,

Denise
<<

karel1980

Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:23 am

Need help

I found the snack and followed b***n******. I got a sequence of 118.
What should I do with it? Everybody is talking about an L and an F, but I have no clue what they mean by L and F. I didn't find any file.
Can anyone put me back on track?

Thanks,
K
<<

fdavid

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:38 am

Re: Stymied

Eridius wrote:Yes, and I've already tried many variations on that theme, to no avail.

EDIT: Turns out I just wasn't hungry enough, but I get it now

Could you please give me a hint how to get enough hungry?
<<

cwescott

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:47 am

Argh! I have found the "info" that is encoded by following the chain. I don't know how to decode it though. I used the "snacklib" and the "snackjar" to retrieve the "info". I don't know what else I can do with the "info" to get it to make sense.
<<

cwescott

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:40 am

Well, I finally figured it out, however it took a lot of brute force.
<<

garcin

Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:36 am

I've collected some "snacks" and have 9 little tidbits from them. I have no idea what to do with them. Can anoyone give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks
<<

hsirhc

Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:54 pm

hello everyone,
i have found L, but i can not seem to tell him about F
could someone please point me in the right direction
thanks
<<

hsirhc

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:04 am

garcin wrote:I've collected some "snacks" and have 9 little tidbits from them. I have no idea what to do with them. Can anoyone give me a nudge in the right direction?

hey,
some snacks... 9 tidbits... you will need a lot more than 9 ?tidbits
hope that helps (:
<<

garcin

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:30 am

yeah, i dont know why im only getting 9, i must be doing something wrong. probably taking the wrong path...

off to search for others...

Edit: Beware of straying from the straight and narrow...hehe
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints