Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

CarmineM

Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:15 am

Re: How to start ?

mjpieters wrote:
glmrenard wrote:I don't know how to start this level, what's JPEG privateness and so on. I can't see any useful data (using hexdump) and while I try to work with all the RGB comopnent of the unreal?jpg...

The image itself isn't really that useful. It's the packaging of the image that is more interesting. If you use a python library to download the image, have a look what information came along with it. It's not unlike the snack level.

I beg your pardon for this intromission, but since I've almost cutting my lcd with scissors to get past this #@#@#@ fence... :twisted:

I'd like someone to shed some more light over this subject.
This topic is full of hints about "going past" the fence and the unreal thing.
Hints about level 4 led me to use the very same u*ll*b module with which
I came up with nothing more than the jpg itself.
Frustrating, very frustrating.

What's wrong? (Python 2.3.5 on Linux here)

I'm completely lost, please help.
<<

imp

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:45 am

finally, i've succeedded, thank you, pioneers :)
the major help for me was the N.N, a standard, and someone's name in this forum, so to have google be my friend.
i've learned how see the fence right: inspect carefully what you opened your eyes on, then after you can read the writing on it.
on inspecting, you see some interesting points of that fence, so go there, to be inside. the rest is up on you, and read back. in the forum of course. ;)
good luck.

.imp
<<

glmrenard

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:04 am

Hello,

OK, I'm inside now and ... I don't kniow what to do !

So please a little hont (spoil in PM if you want)

thanks
<<

krappa

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:05 am

I think I'm just really stupid.

But I have to ask: is there a chance that I don't get the information because I'm behind a very restrictive proxy ?
Only HTTP information for and from port 80 goes through. A lot of puzzles were hard enough because of that.
<<

ssssmemyself

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:26 am

Yeah, I think that could probably ruin it, but it doesn't have to do with port numbers directly. I think I remember someone earlier in this topic encountered a similar problem.
<<

ajohnson

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:41 pm

Well, it's all on port 80, but if you are required you to instruct your browser to use a proxy server, you will have to also instruct python to do that. After all that, it still might not work.
<<

krappa

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:35 am

Yeah, I've had to make my own little script to install my personal opener with proxy information quite a while ago.

I can use u*ll*b2 without problems but I don't see what's so special (or private) with the data I get.
I did notice that unreal appears to be much longer, but can't find the rest of it.
<<

krappa

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:15 am

Hmmm, found something past unreal, but I don't know if it's going to be of any help... Damn those one-liners.
I'm discovering HTTP as I go, too.
<<

krappa

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:26 am

Scratch that. I have a number typing problem.
Everything is ok. Hardest puzzle yet (for me).
<<

krappa

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:43 am

Found my way to 21.

I did kind of guess my way to the back, I don't know if I was supposed to get any help for that. Didn't really inspect anything.

How do i get the solution for level 20, though ? Don't really have a URL to type.
<<

ajohnson

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:19 am

I never figured that out either. Once you solve #21 and get to #22, you can go back to any prior levels solution.
<<

wrstlprmpft

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:44 am

help for backside entrance

hi

this forum seems dead for some time now, but i only found the challenge now and am stuck here... (maybe there is still someone listening :) )

i am inside now, i've been called something, and i am trying furiously to combine the sequency number and the two boundaries of inside to get a backside number to get the large missing rest, but to no avail (i always get the original picture when using a standard 'from the back').

i suppose the back is the same as the front behind the fence only negatively?

TIA
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:48 am

you are close; the syntax for the end is very much like that for the front, not even negated.
<<

wrstlprmpft

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:33 am

thanx

that did it!

although it's weird. i was too much relying on the standards gospel... but i should have suspected that the challenge is non-standard.
<<

oremj

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:03 pm

Absolutely stumped

I've been looking at the unreal jpg for quite some time now and have no idea what to do. I've attempted using urls related to the picture with no success, I've checked out the headers of all the pages... I see nothing... I opened the jpeg in with u***ib but can't find anything different.... Will someone please let me know how to start this level, by PM or on this forum.

Thanks

[EDIT] Ok i got it just was thinkin in the wrong range of thoughts.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints