FAQ  •  Login

Level 33

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

new2py

Posts: 7

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:39 pm

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:39 pm

Level 33

Not making any progress here - perhaps I'm just being obtuse but can't make anything from the poetic hint.

Does the page title refer to an actual process used to filter the dataset, or is it more general than that? There's a striking similarity between the title and the uniqueness of the data points...
<<

UncleTimmy

Posts: 118

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:22 am

Re: Level 33

new2py wrote:Not making any progress here - perhaps I'm just being obtuse but can't make anything from the poetic hint.

It's peculiar how different people struggle with different hints. I missed a lot of clues all along the way, but on level 33 the poetry "spoke" very clearly to me -- I did exactly what it said to do :wink:, and solved this one quickly.

Does the page title refer to an actual process used to filter the dataset, or is it more general than that? There's a striking similarity between the title and the uniqueness of the data points...

Yes, and that plays into it. There's also a striking connection between the shape of the image and one of the words in the poem ...
<<

DJohn

Posts: 8

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 6:33 am

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:47 am

I haven't completed this one yet, but I have found something. I just don't know what to do with it. Although it's very small, it was clearly put there deliberately.

[edit] Oh, I see. I hadn't finished.
<<

new2py

Posts: 7

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:39 pm

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:17 pm

Finally solved with help

Well I've finally got to the end and I must say it's been a great journey!

It's kind of crazy, but I was stuck on this puzzle for several days, far longer than any of the others. Still, it's very satisfying to see the answer - quite dramatic really.

To anyone else who gets stuck here for ages, try:

Fgneg ol trggvat evq bs gur k.
<<

mfuzzey

Posts: 5

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:25 pm

Location: Besancon, France

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:43 pm

I think (hope) I've almost got it but...

I can get 33 letters of which 12 are the same.
The others spell some words about some liquids and a city but I can't see what to do with them.
I've tried googling on them and raarranging but nothing interesting yet.

Any hints?
<<

DJohn

Posts: 8

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 6:33 am

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:18 am

Re: I think (hope) I've almost got it but...

mfuzzey wrote:I can get 33 letters of which 12 are the same.
The others spell some words about some liquids and a city but I can't see what to do with them.


Some of these letters are not like the others.
<<

UncleTimmy

Posts: 118

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:47 am

Re: I think (hope) I've almost got it but...

mfuzzey wrote:... The others spell some words about some liquids and a city but I can't see what to do with them.

A hint in a good puzzle sometimes applies in more than one sense, and/or to more than one stage. Not all of the ashes are important, but the poem also tells you which are.
<<

mfuzzey

Posts: 5

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:25 pm

Location: Besancon, France

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:09 pm

Re: I think (hope) I've almost got it but...

UncleTimmy wrote:
mfuzzey wrote:... The others spell some words about some liquids and a city but I can't see what to do with them.

A hint in a good puzzle sometimes applies in more than one sense, and/or to more than one stage. Not all of the ashes are important, but the poem also tells you which are.


Yes indeed - I must be going blind - surely something to do with too many late nights on the pythhon challenge! Well I can take a rest now :).
Great job!
<<

ajohnson

Posts: 38

Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:12 pm

Still seems like the words should mean something. I found some limericks but none had all the words in a single one. I guess they don't, but it seems like they could.
<<

UltraDM

Posts: 4

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 am

Location: Ploiesti, Romania

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:41 am

I've spent quite some time on this now ....

I've twisted the "X" pic in countless ways, yet no solution ... as the hints didn't helped me a lot, could someone provide another hint? (no, the poem doesn't speak to me that clearly)

Removing the "bottles" one by one didn't got me anywhere either ...
<<

bornedbored

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:06 am

Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:57 am

Damn

I am also stuck in here for a loooong time now. I'll give 99 bottels of beer to anyone which will give me a good hint. :wink:
<<

UncleTimmy

Posts: 118

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:16 pm

Re: Damn

bornedbored wrote:I am also stuck in here for a loooong time now. I'll give 99 bottels of beer to anyone which will give me a good hint. :wink:

You are blinded by the light, no "if" about it. As the poem says, remove it.
<<

Nic

Posts: 4

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:28 am

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:27 am

lost! :(

I'm lost here :( I see the poem, I got the X picture, I thought I knew what to do with it but I don't get anything readable... I probably misunderstood the hints... heeeeeeeeeeeelp :p
<<

UltraDM

Posts: 4

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 am

Location: Ploiesti, Romania

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:21 pm

Re: lost! :(

Nic wrote:I'm lost here :( I see the poem, I got the X picture, I thought I knew what to do with it but I don't get anything readable... I probably misunderstood the hints... heeeeeeeeeeeelp :p


it seems the only hint is "remove the light" in case you can figure out what light stands for .....
<<

bornedbored

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:06 am

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:52 am

Re: Damn

UncleTimmy wrote:
bornedbored wrote:I am also stuck in here for a loooong time now. I'll give 99 bottels of beer to anyone which will give me a good hint. :wink:

You are blinded by the light, no "if" about it. As the poem says, remove it.


OK. I admit that I am blinded, perhaps that's why I can't "see" what light stands for. Feel free to PM me jut to open my eys.
Next

Return to Python Challenge Hints

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.