FAQ  •  Login

Level 6

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

ragol

Post Wed May 25, 2005 11:59 am

Oh well, finally was able to figure it out. Thanks people for help! It wasn't that bad after you found out where the data was located and this thread was read quite many times. Thanks!
<<

coledot

Post Fri May 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Okay, so I've (verb)ed the (noun)s, but I'm completely stuck. Now what do I do? The (module) doesn't look to be any help when it comes working with the (noun)s. Does the pairs hint have something to do with it?

Edit: Never mind, I got it. I looked it up, but I think that doing so was totally justified. There was no way for me to know I had extracted the (noun)s in the wrong order.
(That's a hint in disguise, everyone. ;))
<<

JohnWhitlock

Post Sat May 28, 2005 6:53 am

Hints

I was stuck just (verb)ing the (noun), for several days, without even finding the data. You have to get the data, using conventional means, before you can start applying Python to the data. Here are some hints, for those stuck at my level:

(noun) is not the Python built-in (at least, not at this stage), or in any Python documentation.
(noun) is not the one in Challenge 2 (but yes, there is a (noun) in Challenge 2, as well as several other nouns in the hints)
4 is to php as 6 is to (noun)
<<

michael_g_hu

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:07 am

could anyone tell me what is the meanning of "[verb] the [nouns]"
<<

coledot

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:16 pm

michael_g_hu wrote:could anyone tell me what is the meanning of "[verb] the [nouns]"

A certain module has Info that would help you here.
<<

ncf

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:21 pm

:? I'm stumped beyond belief. I used what I believe to be that (noun) class, but I'm unable to find any approiate-looking values for (unix-cli-prog)-like output. Could someone please tip me in the right direction. And yea, I have read each of these messages 5x over. -Wes

Edit: N/m found it
Last edited by ncf on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

EdwardGaoYB

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:59 pm

LaloLanda wrote:Never mind...I've got it :)
Hey, friend, I cannot find the [noun]s to [verb]. Could you please provide a very little hint on it. I'm realy like this puzzul though it's fazing me.
<<

ncf

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:23 am

EdwardGaoYB wrote:
LaloLanda wrote:Never mind...I've got it :)
Hey, friend, I cannot find the [noun]s to [verb]. Could you please provide a very little hint on it. I'm realy like this puzzul though it's fazing me.

JohnWhitlock provided the best set of hints I can find so far. If you don't understand what he meant by the php hint, go back level 4 and look at it again. ;) You might just find what you've been missing all along.

-Wes
<<

EdwardGaoYB

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:48 am

oops, you genius. I have to say I'm really silly. I'm continuing to enjoy this fantasy now. :D

Wish you guys a happy weekend and a fresh week.
<<

michael_g_hu

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:38 pm

could anyone tell which module to use ,or some hint about the module also is ok,thanks!
help me!
<<

patrik_mrx

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:57 am

Hi all!

Love this challenge series (allthough it's driving me mad)

I can't figure out where to get the data and how to process it.
i've found [verb} the [noun] now, what's next?
is it the image source that i'm suppose to use or what?!

This is driving me mad. I've read this complete forum topic many times.

Please help,

Patrik_mrx
<<

fdavid

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:49 am

patrik_mrx wrote:I can't figure out where to get the data and how to process it.

Once you got the data, you will know how to process it. For finding the data consider the following hints:

nirs wrote:Hint: again, use what you have learned before

mjpieters wrote:Well, you do need to have more than the image to continue. How did you move from level to level? See if you can guess how you can alter things so you get that mysterious hidden thing this forum has been talking about. The image is a hint as to what to look for.
<<

RaH

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:15 pm

These hints are even more cryptic than the hints in the pages are. We are supposed to use what we have learned thus far, and many mention level 4 which was essentially a structured bruteforce. Are we supposed to bruteforce this as well? I know it shouldn't have to be, but I have been through every module and see nothing that even appears as though it would help.

I have managed to find several pages referencing the nouns, simply by guessing. So far including the initial page I am up to four found. Are there more I am missing? I do see a pattern in them and have used serveral different $$$$$$$ons to find these but have run out.

My next step is to start using what I know, and take a different path to find the solution.

** EDIT **

Found the data, feel like a rather large dolt for missing it now.
<<

michael_g_hu

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:27 pm

just tell me which module to use to collect the comments
thanks!
<<

fdavid

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:35 am

michael_g_hu wrote:just tell me which module to use to collect the comments
thanks!

See coledot 's answer to another question of yours.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints