Level 17

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

circusboy

Post Sun May 29, 2005 10:25 pm

snacks...

well, I have to thank the makers of this for a pleasant couple of days diversion, however, I really need to get some sleep. :(

how can I find a delicate way to ask this? Up 'til this level, I was generally doing well with everything, but "snacks" to me, are a very closed and tighly locked book buried in a deep dark pit. I suppose there are not many ways to offer a hint that are not a dead giveaway, but could someone at least indicate (somehow) the manufacturer of the snacks? I seem to have found "a" 118 character sequence, though I suspect that it is out of sequence somewhat as parts of if were collected seperately. so i guess the question is, is the collection of "snacks" a non-obvious module? and would you expect them to be associated with their senders, or collected separately? Oh well, maybe it will look better in the morning.

I suppose this is a lot to ask in a place that's not supposed to give anything away...

cheers
<<

pbm

Post Tue May 31, 2005 4:01 pm

Hi, I too am floundering a bit with the final piece of this level. :(

I think if you found the 118 character sequence in the same path that you trod previously then you've got it right as it does come in pieces. It looks like garbage but it will decode, using a technique we've used before, to send you on to the next steps.

I've been trying to feed L snacks but unsuccesfully so far. Inspiration is eluding me. Clues welcome.
<<

drigz

Post Tue May 31, 2005 4:16 pm

pbm wrote:I've been trying to feed L snacks but unsuccesfully so far. Inspiration is eluding me. Clues welcome.

Make sure you're contacting him in the way described in the decoded sequence. You've already contacted someone like this. If so, you just need to give him the right snack. You've been told what ingredients the snack should have.
<<

glmrenard

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:30 am

Damn it !

I am really tuck here :(
I just found 3 html pages which the third say 'go back' and I really don't know what to do know, I've read all the messages of these topics but ... Nothing.

I didn't found any sequence or zipfile or anything like that.
I don't find the relation between this level and others levels except the image but I don't know in which level...

Please help
<<

rspyc

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Damn it !

glmrenard wrote:I didn't found any sequence or zipfile or anything like that.
I don't find the relation between this level and others levels except the image but I don't know in which level...

Please help

I had go trough the levels from the very beginning again to find the level with that image. In case you don't have the solutions to the previous levels around anymore, you can look them up at the wiki (http://wiki.pythonchallenge.com/).
<<

pbm

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:28 am

drigz wrote:
pbm wrote:I've been trying to feed L snacks but unsuccesfully so far. Inspiration is eluding me. Clues welcome.

Make sure you're contacting him in the way described in the decoded sequence. You've already contacted someone like this. If so, you just need to give him the right snack. You've been told what ingredients the snack should have.

Hmm, yes I got the "number" to call as before but I've only consumed the snacks previously and not tried to feed them to someone else. Do you need to put them in a container? Perhaps my snacks are half-baked? :(
<<

johnlr

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:56 am

pbm wrote:Hmm, yes I got the "number" to call as before but I've only consumed the snacks previously and not tried to feed them to someone else. Do you need to put them in a container? Perhaps my snacks are half-baked? :(

You need to look up the cookbook. There is a slight difference in the snacks. The snacks you have conumed were all set. You don't want yours to be set. Half-baked sounds about right.
<<

drigz

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:08 am

pbm wrote:Hmm, yes I got the "number" to call as before but I've only consumed the snacks previously and not tried to feed them to someone else. Do you need to put them in a container? Perhaps my snacks are half-baked? :(

You may want to get some baking software for your browser. With Firefox, that will be easier than using Python's undocumented snack control.
<<

glmrenard

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:53 am

hello,

I have all the solutions of the precedent level (I kept all my code 1.py --> 16.py) I know the level where the small image is first shown but i dont' know what to do now ?
I'm using Firefox but does I have something special to do with the image ? Is the zip file in it ?
<<

rspyc

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:54 am

glmrenard wrote:hello,

I have all the solutions of the precedent level (I kept all my code 1.py --> 16.py) I know the level where the small image is first shown but i dont' know what to do now ?
I'm using Firefox but does I have something special to do with the image ? Is the zip file in it ?

Did you [yummie snack] when you went to that previous level?
<<

glmrenard

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:37 am

yes

I found [ymuuie snack] , thanks but... The info I get isn't very useful, I did what I was said to do but it leads to an infinite loop :( I keep trying but I am losing hope to find all by myself.
I am not english so what means 'busynothing...' please ?

i found the snack and the message is cryptic. Does I need to follow again in the early level, I am stoppped at nothing=65667.

How can I found these 118 cgaracters sequence ? i haven't anything :( where is the zipfile ?

You can PM me if the hint is like a spoiler...

Thanks in advance
<<

circusboy

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:08 pm

Re: snacks...

circusboy wrote: I seem to have found "a" 118 character sequence, though I suspect that it is out of sequence somewhat as parts of if were collected seperately.

well, people may be interested to know that there is a second way to get an 118 character string that has nothing at all to do with the response. very sneaky. on to talk to L!
<<

pbm

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:43 pm

drigz wrote:You may want to get some baking software for your browser. With Firefox, that will be easier than using Python's undocumented snack control.

Yahoo! Excellent suggestion. I think my snacks had gone off, but L quite liked fresh ones. Changing it by hand seems like cheating but I've spent so long on this one I'm passed caring. I might even go to bed now.
<<

wadeleftwich

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:42 pm

Got busy, got snacks, got stuck

I went back, got busy, and collected 9 snacks. But a compressed file? A sequence of length 118? Haven't seen em. Tried packing the numbers I collected along the way, but didn't get anything that looked decompressable.

At this point I am simply stuck.
<<

wadeleftwich

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:02 pm

Unstuck!

Tried getting busy again, this time with an appropriate starting value, and much was revealed. A warning to turn back is a sign you're on the right track.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints