FAQ  •  Login

Level 22

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet

How much fun was this challenge?

Best yet! My thumbs are sore just from thinking about it.
12
60%
Okay. But my eyes are sore.
3
15%
Grrr. My monitor's settings will never be the right again.
1
5%
What's a gif?
4
20%
 
Total votes : 20
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Posts: 172

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:56 am

Location: Norway

Post Wed May 25, 2005 6:23 am

Stevie-O wrote:I wrote a script to 'turn up the contrast' on the image, so to speak, but nothing sticks out for me; I still have no idea what is going on here.


Try some other means of analysis then; The Gimp would help, or having a look at what you can get out of the python module you should be using..
<<

Stevie-O

Posts: 12

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 am

Location: PA

Post Wed May 25, 2005 10:44 am

rspyc wrote:
Stevie-O wrote:I wrote a script to 'turn up the contrast' on the image, so to speak, but nothing sticks out for me; I still have no idea what is going on here.

What do you mean? Do you still see nothing after enhancing the contrast, or do you see something but don't know what it means?


Oh, I see something, and it makes me think about getting infinite lives. But I have no idea what it could mean.
<<

rspyc

Posts: 80

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:15 am

Location: Flanders, Belgium

Post Wed May 25, 2005 12:39 pm

Stevie-O wrote:Oh, I see something, and it makes me think about getting infinite lives. But I have no idea what it could mean.

Look at all the clues again, including what's in the picture.
<<

rick_muller

Posts: 15

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Post Thu May 26, 2005 11:14 am

onai wrote:Well, I could see some wiggling after changing just one byte, but now , I am stuck! I have read the format specification and cut the file into minimal pieces, but whatever way I arrange them, I don't see anything pointing to a new url...

I have a way to produce something looking more or less like a sequence of 19 joystick manipulations, but no idea how to interpret it.

Am I missing something obvious ?


I'm in the same boat. I feel like I've properly interpreted everything, and have made an image from those j-manipulations, but have no idea what I'm supposed to see in it. Can someone give me a hint here?
<<

rick_muller

Posts: 15

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Post Thu May 26, 2005 12:30 pm

rick_muller wrote:I'm in the same boat. I feel like I've properly interpreted everything, and have made an image from those j-manipulations, but have no idea what I'm supposed to see in it. Can someone give me a hint here?


It seems that whenever I post a question, karmic powers beam the solution into my head, and I solve it a few minutes later...

Here's a hint for those who are as confused as I was: the wiggling that everyone has talked about is straightforward. But you might need a different interpretation for null-wiggling. HTH! PM me if you need more hints. On to 23...
<<

Stevie-O

Posts: 12

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 am

Location: PA

Post Fri May 27, 2005 2:11 pm

rick_muller wrote:
rick_muller wrote:I'm in the same boat. I feel like I've properly interpreted everything, and have made an image from those j-manipulations, but have no idea what I'm supposed to see in it. Can someone give me a hint here?


It seems that whenever I post a question, karmic powers beam the solution into my head, and I solve it a few minutes later...

Here's a hint for those who are as confused as I was: the wiggling that everyone has talked about is straightforward. But you might need a different interpretation for null-wiggling. HTH! PM me if you need more hints. On to 23...


Ahhh... thank you! Once you pointed *that* out, it was quite obvious what I needed to do (although I got confused, because I was upside-down and backwards)
<<

drigz

Posts: 23

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 9:41 am

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:33 am

<rant>This is a hints thread, and thus is frequented by people who can't solve the problems. Do you think these people find it helpful to see post upon post saying how easy they find the problem? I think they find it incredibly annoying.</rant>

So, I'm having some trouble with this problem. I can see the wigging, and can quantify the wiggling, but can't see what it means. I have tried drawing a path that it creates, but I just see a squiggle. No more ideas :(.
<<

rspyc

Posts: 80

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:15 am

Location: Flanders, Belgium

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:39 am

drigz wrote:So, I'm having some trouble with this problem. I can see the wigging, and can quantify the wiggling, but can't see what it means. I have tried drawing a path that it creates, but I just see a squiggle. No more ideas :(.

You need to create multiple paths, with a restart from time to time at the right moments.
<<

drigz

Posts: 23

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 9:41 am

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:36 am

rspyc wrote:
drigz wrote:So, I'm having some trouble with this problem. I can see the wigging, and can quantify the wiggling, but can't see what it means. I have tried drawing a path that it creates, but I just see a squiggle. No more ideas :(.

You need to create multiple paths, with a restart from time to time at the right moments.


Thanks!
<<

jwb

Posts: 7

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 pm

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:05 pm

Could someone help me out? I've created some paths and reset between the paths and I still don't see anything. No clue on what to do next.

Just to be more clear: I do see the wiggles but they don't seem to mean anything. Yes, I've been over all the clues (all 2 of them) and the scribbles don't make any sense.

Completely dumbfounded how everyone else found this so easy.

Edit: With some help from IRC I solved it. Thanks bit4.
<<

nageroc

Posts: 2

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:26 pm

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:53 pm

I could really use a hint other than 'wiggle'. I have been staring at the poorly-name image wondering what to do with the one thing I have found in it. Maybe a hint as to which library I should be using? Does it involve a reptile with a hard shell?

I'm a little discouraged. I struggled through level 21, but at least I had company. Seems that most people find this one easy. *sigh*

UPDATE: Thanks to Mr_Wibble for the hint that got me through this level! If there's a joystick, one has to expect some action! Wiggle on...
<<

oiffrig

Posts: 40

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:10 am

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:43 am

Don't have any idea on how to "wiggle", I tried lots of different ways, but the images I got didn't show anything useful...
If someone could help me by PM...

UPDATE: Got it, I didn't use a joystick to interpret the image so I found nothing until I decided to review my methods
<<

jeebee

Posts: 1

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 am

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:59 am

I've found 133 bits of data (as jtauber had mentioned), and I've tried wiggling according to them, but I'm not sure I know _what_ to wiggle. I've tried starting with a blank slate, creating multiple paths according to my 133 bits of data and restarting occasionally (as rspyc suggested), but nothing has appeared. Any other hints (by PM if necessary) would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: Got it. I was ignoring half the data. That will teach me to pay attention to what module functions actually do rather than what I think they do.
<<

jskora

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:57 am

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:00 pm

I have wiggled and waggled way too long on this. I have the 133 and the series of wiggles, but can't make sense out of it or any other clues here. I seem to have a sequence of letters but they are not helping and they are not certain based on the wiggles.

Help?
<<

jskora

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:57 am

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:38 pm

As has occurred here for others, Never Mind! Got it.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.