Level 13 is broken....

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

Malor

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Level 13 is broken....

A file in level 12 is MIA. I won't say what it is to avoid hints, but the key file in level 12 that lets you solve 13 is not there.
<<

oiffrig

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:37 pm

It is not broken, you've just missed something in level 12, I've just tried to find it again, and I'vefound it.
<<

Malor

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 am

Well, the site seems to be down again, so I can't test it. But when perusing the needed files, the specific file in question that answers what you need for level 13 is not there. Instead, you get back a reply string (at least in firefox) that just says the name of the file in question, rather than sending you the file.

I can't figure out spoiler tagging in this bizarre color system, so I'm gonna put a bunch of spaces in here

[removed by the forum moderators]
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:58 am

Malor wrote:Instead, you get back a reply string (at least in firefox) that just says the name of the file in question, rather than sending you the file.

If it didn't exist, you'd get a 404..

Remember the hints around here, it's pretty evil.
<<

Malor

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:54 am

Well, again, it's down right this second, but yesterday when I was last looking, if I went to get the mentioned filename that was removed, all I get back is a text string of the exact filename I asked for.

If, for instance, I'm going to get:

http://www.pythonchallenge.com/some/bogus/file.jpg

In the specific case of the file that's needed to solve level13, I get back, literally and exactly:

In other words, it just repeats the URL used to access it, it does not transmit ANY additional data. If you look at the page source, it's literally just the URL with nothing more.
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Malor wrote:In the specific case of the file that's needed to solve level13, I get back, literally and exactly:

In other words, it just repeats the URL used to access it, it does not transmit ANY additional data. If you look at the page source, it's literally just the URL with nothing more.

Maybe you shouldn't take your browser's word for it.
<<

Malor

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:10 pm

My apologies. You are correct. And that is, indeed, evil.

Return to General Discussion