The Python Challenge is not for beginners

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

Jazriel

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:04 pm

The Python Challenge is not for beginners

At least from what I've seen. I say this as I had to solve challenge 1 without the aid of Python (due to the fact that I had no knowledge of what was required). Is this intentional? (I'm just wondering for curiositys sake)
<<

oiffrig

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:53 am

I don't think so
With a such challenge, you'll need modules you don't know, so you will have to learn how tu use them if you want to solve the riddle, to me it's an interesting way to learn Python
<<

AlvinBh

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:13 pm

i argree with oiffrig .. and i also a beginners .. learn in challenge are more better than learn in study ... but ... hello,mr.oiffrig for a beginners also need some hints or tips or someone teaching how to get it ..
<<

dgandh

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:30 pm

more for folks who already know some programming

I found that many of the things I found easy were do to recognizing things like file formats, and hex code conventions which I have picked up by working with other languages.

Since it's a brain teaser on two levels I think it's a good way to become accustomed to a new language, and learn about some of the libraries. I would probably not want to use it to learn to program from scratch.

Return to General Discussion