FAQ  •  Login

Level 6

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

Silverfish

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:23 am

I'm really stuck here. So far, I've found the ***.html page, with the yes. [verb] the [noun] message, but I'm not sure where to go next.

I've noticed the white arrow pointing to the blue things in the image, but I'm not sure what they are.

Also, I've seen a [noun] in the page source, which led me to ***.html in the frst place, but is that the [noun] I'm supposed to [verb], and what do I do with it if so?
<<

Darshu

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:16 am

Hi everyone.

I really need some help, i read the topic many times and I still can't go forward. I found the datas and did like in challenge 4, and I get a sentence "[verb] the [nouns]". But there I'm stuck ! I don't know what to do and where to find the things ... Please, help ! :?
<<

oiffrig

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:08 am

[nouns] is a feature of the data format used, you just have to [verb] them
<<

Darshu

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:51 am

Sorry, but I really don't understand what you are talking about ... About which format are you talking about ? The big data aor all the small ones ? And which module to use ? I'm french and sometimes it's really hard for me to understand the Python doc because of this, so if you could juste give me the name of the module, I would at least know where I should search for information.

You can send me a PM if you think it's a spoiler. Thanks a lot !
<<

oiffrig

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:49 am

I'm talking about the big data file's format
<<

Darshu

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 am

Thanks, thanks and thanks again !!!

I finally got it, but it was really hard ... With your help a had the right module and then read the doc again and again until I found the way to use the appropriate thing ! :)
<<

dave.jj

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:26 am

Hi,

Enjoy the challenges so far :D

Stuck at the C****** *** c******* part. Have read all the hints but still at a loss on how to proceed.

Could someone enlighten me?

Solved. It's hard :roll:
<<

tuplesandtuples

Post Mon May 21, 2007 3:08 am

hints

HINT -the module you need to solve this is pretty easy to spot, browse through your python library.
HINT -if your stumped a readme holds 2 hints BOTH are important.
HINT -if you cant even get the file... i dont know how youve gotten this far... look at the source
<<

pilpilon

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:45 pm

oh, I verbed the nouns, they look gibberish for me, some ideas?
<<

GrantB

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 am

Man, I got nothing.

I've found both of the hint pages. Not so helpful. From the comments, these hints should indicate a module to use. To use on what?

I haven't found anyhing that points to an unambiguous module name. Is there a hint in the source? There's something in the source, but I have no idea what it's pointing to, since there is no module of that name.

[noun] is not a module. The source-hint target is not a module.

I have no idea what the input for a script is!

Little help?
<<

GrantB

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:52 am

pilpilon, what looks like gibberish? From what are you verbing the nouns?
<<

GrantB

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:09 pm

Ah, crap. Finally found the input file.

Now that I've found it, I'm not sure how you could get the main part of the file name except to just guess it. I think the source "hint" was more misleading than helpful.
<<

Fish

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:43 pm

Boy, that one was evil.

Here's a hint: print out the contents of each file, look for interesting stuff, THEN try to solve the challenge from there.
<<

faenix

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Wow each one of these challenges makes me appreciate more how easy it is to do things in Python! Equivalent things in Java would take tons of research and external code, and forget about C++ - you're talking days to find some of this stuff. Makes me wonder why I wasted so much time taking care of nuances in other languages instead of really learning to program like you can with Python :cry:

It took me two hours to get here, and I just started Python yesterday -- the biggest hint on any of the challenges so far, including this one, is read the docs on whatever modules you're using. If not, you may be trying to solve something that's already been done for you!

On to 7, thanks a lot for getting me addicted to this instead of studying for actual exams... :evil:
<<

SwitchBL8

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:55 pm

Wow!

Hell! This one was difficult. I read ALL the replies here, some twice. It was easy to find the [verb] the [nouns], but what ever I tried, I could not [verb] the [nouns].
Until I read and read and read the Python documentation. It's in there.

Pfffff......

Just a Python beginner, but this is really a lot of fun.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints