Level 6

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Wed May 04, 2005 4:25 pm

The information on how to process the data is included in the same package. You already dealt with the process in a lower level.
<<

jorjun

Post Wed May 04, 2005 5:03 pm

OK, finally

You need to output these [items beginning with 'c'] in the right order. Assuming you know the library well enough to get the attribute you need.
<<

Dan

Post Wed May 04, 2005 8:09 pm

corvus wrote:And are "pairs" important?

No.
<<

barbieri

Post Wed May 04, 2005 9:17 pm

Re: OK, finally

jorjun wrote:You need to output these [items beginning with 'c'] in the right order. Assuming you know the library well enough to get the attribute you need.

Yeah, i figured that out in the way from university to home... interesting play what it say :-)
<<

LaloLanda

Post Fri May 06, 2005 8:57 am

grrr...I can't find the [noun]s I'm supposed to [verb]! Is this obvious and I'm just missing it, or is there a hint as to what I'm supposed to do to find them?
<<

LaloLanda

Post Fri May 06, 2005 9:20 am

Never mind...I've got it :)
<<

Markm

Post Fri May 06, 2005 12:11 pm

ARgghh :-) - I need a spoiler - I am totally stuck on this one :-(
All I have is the image - and i haven't gotten anything out of it.
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Fri May 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Markm wrote:All I have is the image - and i haven't gotten anything out of it.

Well, you do need to have more than the image to continue. How did you move from level to level? See if you can guess how you can alter things so you get that mysterious hidden thing this forum has been talking about. The image is a hint as to what to look for.
<<

dstockto

Post Fri May 06, 2005 1:35 pm

I hate to admit it, but I am stuck

I've found the [verb] the [nouns] and I've found the "amazing. **** **" message, but I don't know what [nouns] I am supposed to [verb] and I don't know what the significance of ****. So far I've been doing the challenges in PHP since I have almost no Python experience, so I am fighting with the syntax and everything else whenever I am trying to do anything in Python, so it is very slow going. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, I've looked at the pick and there seems to be a C/C++ (and other languages) function in the button. It doesn't seem to be something I can do anything with in Python. Is that correct, or does that have anything at all to do with the challenge?
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Fri May 06, 2005 2:00 pm

I fear you are going to have a real hard time solving this level in any other language. The particular Python library used in this challenge gives you access to a lot of extra information which is key to solving this challenge.

Also, access to an interactive shell to experiment and play with the given data were instrumental for me. I can recommend ipython heartely! It'll allow you to poke about in the python libraries and get documentation and autocompletion while keeping the flexibility needed to experiment and solve these riddles.

Also, I've looked at the pick and there seems to be a C/C++ (and other languages) function in the button. It doesn't seem to be something I can do anything with in Python. Is that correct, or does that have anything at all to do with the challenge?

Nope, forget about the button, it is just a button, for once. ;)
<<

dado

Post Sat May 07, 2005 1:48 am

Aaaaaah! I'm so stuck.
I've got the hidden thing. The one that leads to a bunch of other little things.
The little things remind me of a previous challenge, but that solution doesn't seem to help here at all.
I start from where it says I should start, but it takes me nowhere.
And the little things seem to have no relation to each other.

Now I don't know if I'm saying too much or too little.
Oh well, I hope I'm not spoiling to anyone.
Thanks
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Sat May 07, 2005 2:25 am

dado wrote:I've got the hidden thing. The one that leads to a bunch of other little things.
The little things remind me of a previous challenge, but that solution doesn't seem to help here at all.
I start from where it says I should start, but it takes me nowhere.
And the little things seem to have no relation to each other.

The little things do link correctly, but there is more information to it; each little thing is 'paired' with more information. If you are using a Python library for the analysis, look at what other information that library can give you.
<<

dado

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:37 pm

OMG! Finally!
This thing is called Python Challenge.
If you keep to Python and read the docs, you're more likely to succeed.
If you use other tools, you might get just half of what you need.

Thanks to mjpieters.
<<

jamesmcguigan

Post Mon May 09, 2005 4:48 am

The little things do link correctly, but there is more information to it; each little thing is 'paired' with more information. If you are using a Python library for the analysis, look at what other information that library can give you.[/quote]

I'm got a zi object for each of the little things, but the comment field is blank in all the little things, I've tried all the other attributes in the class, but none of them seem to return anything useful (the offsets are unique for each file, but they don't lead me anywhere)

Am I going in the right direction, or have I got the wrong library
<<

jamesmcguigan

Post Mon May 09, 2005 8:18 am

mjpieters wrote:I'm got a ***info object for each of the little things, but the comment field is blank in all the little things, I've tried all the other attributes in the class, but none of them seem to return anything useful (the offsets are unique for each file, but they don't lead me anywhere)

Am I going in the right direction, or have I got the wrong library

Problem solved, it was a corrupted file, probably due to using extenral tools to extract information from it. I re-downloaded the file and found the solution without any further problems.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints