FAQ  •  Login

Level 21

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

peter

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:36 am

Any other hint on how to interpret the l..s ? I seem to be stuck here.
I get the following sequence: [6,3], [10,3],[6,8] ... is this correct?

Thanks,

Peter.
<<

drigz

Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:56 am

OK, I've cracked it. For clues on the first part, look at my earlier post. For the l__s - you've done this before, but slightly differently.
<<

mfuzzey

Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:00 pm

Stuck with the l_s

This level's got me stuck!!
I get the (6,3), (10,3), (6,8) , .. sequence mentionned by Peter above
And I can find the wrong HIJJIIHIJJ answer hinted at by Uncle Timmy.
But I can't seem to find anything useful.
Should I be looking at my l__s graphically or textually? - I've tried both without much sucess Sad(
And I haven't a clue what the game is!!

Well I've *finally* got it. ouff!
As has been said here something similar has been done before but I was thinking of something else. I tried around 20 ways of interpreting the l__s before getting it.

Maybe I am indeed an idiot but I think this level needs an extra hint for the l__s interpretation phase - the last time you did it it was more obvious due to the mixed types.
How about "bees are black..."
<<

arkanes

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:39 am

I've found the (6.3) sequence and I'm stuck trying to get some meaning out of it. Maybe a hint as to *where* I've seen it before? I'd go back through all the solutions, but I foolishly didn't save them and I've lost my wiki cookie over the weekend.

By the way, the repeating 7 byte pattern was meaningful to me - it's what set me on the right track for finding the sequence.
<<

imp

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:23 pm

Maybe a hint as to *where* I've seen it before?

which hill...?
<<

courier

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:07 pm

Re: Stuck with the l_s

What's the length of sequence? I get a list of 6 tuples, is it large enough?

And I get a "8086 relxxxxxble (Microsoft)". Is it useful?

after re-reading readme.txt, i realize the answers are both no.
<<

wrstlprmpft

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:11 am

confused

still stuck with package.pack

found 6 times 7 at the beginning with meaningful bytes but if i split it, each new part fails to come out (z-errorz), same if i only use one of the 6 with the rest.

any more hints for the very first step here?
<<

ajohnson

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:47 am

Split? nah don't do that. Go back and read jtauber's hints
<<

wrstlprmpft

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:41 am

i yield to despair.

could somebody PM me the first step of un-pack-ing?

ashamed-ly yrs

EDIT: got it, I was thinking along the right lines all the time... just too complicated. just had to unwrap.
Last edited by wrstlprmpft on Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

b_gomes

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:53 am

I solved this level two days ago and I have to say that I was confused too when I got to the l__s part. Even reading the hints wasn't that helpful as I only understood their meanings after I eventually solved it. So here's what I can add without giving out too much: once you have the sequence that people have written about, you have to do something that you have done before, as people have also hinted - but there are only a couple of things you could do with it that you have done before. If that still doesn't help you, you may be missing some l__ information. Read mfuzzey's message as it can be helpful too. :D
<<

blitzkrieg

Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:21 am

b_gomes wrote: [...] So here's what I can add without giving out too much: once you have the sequence that people have written about, you have to do something that you have done before [...]

I've reread all the past solutions but I couldn't find something aplicable. I tried to interpret it graphically (in 2 or 3 ways), and textually. It's a weird sequence to convert to anything because the numbers are fairly low and don't vary much. It really does not seem to contain anything useful.

I'm starting to get discouraged... Can someone post another hint on what to do with the mentioned sequence?

EDIT: Got it. It took me so long because I was thinking in terms of high res graphics...
Last edited by blitzkrieg on Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

deo

Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:55 am

courier wrote:And I get a "8086 relxxxxxble (Microsoft)". Is it useful?

I'm exactly at same point... :-(

I don't know why, but I get the felling that I'm missing something... any enlightment?
<<

makomk

Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:15 am

deo wrote:
courier wrote:And I get a "8086 relxxxxxble (Microsoft)". Is it useful?

I'm exactly at same point... :-(

I don't know why, but I get the felling that I'm missing something... any enlightment?

file's got the wrong end of the stick. When I did this level, this result was a sign that I was doing things backwards.

Don't be surprised if file identifies some things as "data"; it's expecting a header first. However, the Python module's from 1950, and the header was introduced in 1952. The data does still have a (short) magic at the start, though.

Am I giving too much away?
<<

Animator

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:08 pm

I'm affraid I need some help with this level...

I'm unable to find the correct sequence... any help on that? I do know what the 'similar' level is, and what module is needed for to make the sequence useful...

What I (so far) failed to understand is what is meant by: 'period 7 at the start' (or what is intresting about it)...
<<

ajohnson

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:26 pm

The period 7 thing is not actually important. All that should concern you at first is that you have a file with an extension that should be suggestive as to what you need to do with it. The trick is, finding the right module(s) :P That's step one.

After you done that, step two should be fairly obvious, although you will probably have to re-do step one :)

Depending on how you look at it, there is a step three also :D
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints