Level 20

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

blitzkrieg

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:59 am

hint needed

I've dug deeper and been told that I'm in, but I can't see anything different... Other posts talk about going back but that didn't help. Hints please!
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:52 pm

Not going back, but going to the back...
<<

blitzkrieg

Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:13 am

mjpieters wrote:Not going back, but going to the back...

Thanks! I'm on level 21 now :D.
<<

jwb

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:26 pm

Confused

I've already read through all the posts and still can't seem to get started on this. I'm definitely a web noob and wasn't able to find anything interesting in the headers. I thought I found the standard that people were refering to but it really didn't have anything to do with the hints I had been given so far. Any PMs would be appreciated.

Edit: I found the supposed magic number but no matter what I put in I always get either an error code or the exact same response. Help!
<<

jwb

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Ok, the main problem that I was having had to do with the fact that the python module u****b is broken. It throws an error on an error code that it shouldn't. I had to go into the module's code and fix it. Kind of disappointing to have to fix "library code". After that was done, the challenge was easy.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I was using 2.4.1 (Linux)
<<

derdoe

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:48 am

I'm stuck really close to 21 (i suppose).. I got in, went to the back and got a password and a location where i find the first 5 bytes of a compressed file. But i can't figure out where to go to get the rest...
I already tried some of the steps that worked close to the fence and at the back, but they all give me an error.. :cry:
What am i missing?!?

[EDIT:] never mind.. got it. just some problems with escape sequences and strings :wink:
21 here i come...[/EDIT]
<<

wysek

Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:13 am

I got the pass, but applying it (after some transformation) on the url leads me to 404, without any transformation I get a msg confirming me that I am the i***r, but where to go now?
Should I look somewhere further?
<<

wysek

Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:58 am

wysek wrote:I got the pass, but applying it (after some transformation) on the url leads me to 404, without any transformation I get a msg confirming me that I am the i***r, but where to go now?
Should I look somewhere further?

Nvm,
21 to go.
<<

Mr_Wibble

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:18 am

Damn, this one was 'annoying'. Not the actual puzzle itself but I had the dreaded company firewall problem. Had to do it at home in the end.
<<

bornedbored

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:41 am

Firewall-Proxy

So if I am behind a proxy (firewall) this level will became inaccessible?
Please PM me with some info regarding this.
<<

bornedbored

Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:55 am

Completely stuck

I don't even know how to get in..I tried a lot of things based on hints above but with no luck at all. PM me for anything that may be considered spoiler.(I'll be happy if i'l get inside : )
<<

joskerc

Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:02 am

PIL

I gathered I have to look a bit farther. But, do I need to write a JPEG parser or can PIL help me? Or, am I on a wrong track? I am just looking at the fence picture. Also: I forgot to apologize to L :oops: . Does it matter?
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:05 pm

Re: PIL

joskerc wrote:I gathered I have to look a bit farther.

Yes -- but a lot farther.
But, do I need to write a JPEG parser or can PIL help me?

False dichotomy :wink:.
Or, am I on a wrong track?

Getting warmer in here, isn't it?
I am just looking at the fence picture.

That will continue to do you as much good as it's done you.
Also: I forgot to apologize to L :oops: . Does it matter?

For shame. I suppose that if you die before apologizing, you'll probably go to hell. Won't make any different in your ability to see (way) beyond the fence, though. How far beyond the fence is it theoretically possible to go? Try going there next :).
<<

oiffrig

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:49 am

I found what 14.35 meant and where I could use it, but it doesn't work (on the image, maybe I'm wrong). Got the number with 020 inside, but the one after the "/" seems to be unreal...
I have something like
  Code:
{"%s": "%s %i-%i", ...

Am I using the good syntax?
I use this on the image but I only get the image itself... not what I expect (if there is something to expect, though).
<<

oiffrig

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:11 am

oiffrig wrote:I found what 14.35 meant and where I could use it, but it doesn't work (on the image, maybe I'm wrong). Got the number with 020 inside, but the one after the "/" seems to be unreal...
I have something like
  Code:
{"%s": "%s %i-%i", ...

Am I using the good syntax?
I use this on the image but I only get the image itself... not what I expect (if there is something to expect, though).

There was an error in my code...
Now i get 416 for each attempt...
[EDIT] Was thinking wrong, I'm inside now
[EDIT2] Got a password, what should I do with?
[EDIT3] Missed a part. On to level 21 :D
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints