FAQ  •  Login

Level 20

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

UncleTimmy

Post Sat May 14, 2005 7:20 pm

Justin wrote:... I have 6c263598a8c6c4dd4a51e0f592540593 and a52ee73318b8943c829362b53700ea31 as well ...

Try reading the latter -- it's plain English :wink:. As it says, you're in level 21 now. There are hints about that here too, but in the Level 21 section of the forum.
<<

Justin

Post Sat May 14, 2005 7:23 pm

UncleTimmy wrote:
Justin wrote:... I have 6c263598a8c6c4dd4a51e0f592540593 and a52ee73318b8943c829362b53700ea31 as well ...

Try reading the latter -- it's plain English :wink:. As it says, you're in level 21 now. There are hints about that here too, but in the Level 21 section of the forum.

oh! I didn't even notice the discrepancy in level numbers!
<<

japyh

Post Sat May 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Finally, got it.

Man, I *hated* level 20. Too much poking around. Figuring out what to do once I got the password was really just a lucky guess.

Oh well. Onto to 21.
<<

birkenfeld

Post Sun May 15, 2005 3:11 pm

Grmpf. Am inside, have the pw, but the field beyond the fence seems to be a vast area full of 416... what now?
<<

rspyc

Post Sun May 15, 2005 3:14 pm

birkenfeld wrote:Grmpf. Am inside, have the pw, but the field beyond the fence seems to be a vast area full of 416... what now?

How did you find the password? Did you try to go further that way?
<<

birkenfeld

Post Sun May 15, 2005 3:42 pm

Even more grmpf. I was off by 1.
<<

rick_muller

Post Sat May 21, 2005 5:05 am

Haven't even gotten started with lev 20

I haven't even gotten started with level 20, despite 5 pages of hints here. Can someone help me get going? I know that I'm supposed to look past the fence, but I don't know what that means. One of the posts said something about there being additional data in the web page, but I have no idea how to get it. DON'T TELL ME TO FIND THE ZIP, PEOPLE KEEP TELLING ME TO FIND THE ZIP AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!! Sorry, got a bit carried away, calmer now.
Last edited by rick_muller on Sat May 21, 2005 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thesamet

Python Challenge Leader

Post Sat May 21, 2005 5:18 am

Re: Haven't even gotten started with lev 20

rick_muller wrote:I haven't even gotten started with level 20, despite 5 pages of hints here. Can someone help me get going? I know that I'm supposed to look past the fence, but I don't know what that means. One of the posts said something about there being additional data in the web page, but I have no idea how to get it. DON'T TELL ME TO FIND THE ZIP. Sorry, got a bit carried away.

unreal is a lot greater in reality.
<<

rick_muller

Post Sat May 21, 2005 5:21 am

Re: Haven't even gotten started with lev 20

thesamet wrote:
rick_muller wrote:Can someone help me get going? I know that I'm supposed to look past the fence, but I don't know what that means.

unreal is a lot greater in reality.

Thanks. That actually almost makes sense. BTW, this is the most fun, and the best website, I've had/seen in a long time. I am in your debt in many ways.
<<

naerbnic

Post Sun May 22, 2005 10:34 pm

I hate to spam the board with this kind of stuff, but I'm at a complete loss here.

I am thoroughly stumped at how to start this, even after all of the help you guys have given. Somehow, my mind isn't working with the word association clues you've presented, or there is some other major malfunction I don't realize. If anyone would be kind enough to PM me, or to give me an even more leading hint, I'd be exceedingly grateful.

As to what I've tried, without given too much away, I tried to take the "unreal is greater in reality" hint to heart, to no avail. I read up on all the protocol docs and RFCs that I care to read in one day. I've tried all combination of synonyms and antonyms for the obvious elements. Hopefully that gives those of you in the know some basis for helping me :-)

- Brian
<<

drigz

Post Thu May 26, 2005 2:07 pm

I'm inside, but can't work out what to do now. I think it is something to do with trying the other side, but can't work out how to do this - I haven't been able to get anything beyond a few lines of text (one of which told me I was inside, the others seemed useless) from varying the numbers in described in Section N.N.

I have read and re-read this thread several times.
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 pm

drigz wrote:I'm inside, but can't work out what to do now. I think it is something to do with trying the other side, but can't work out how to do this - I haven't been able to get anything beyond a few lines of text (one of which told me I was inside, the others seemed useless) from varying the numbers in described in Section N.N.

Well, you got in at the front. I'd advice against dismissing any messages as useless though. As with an earlier level (evil!) don't be deceived by what the challenge tells you so assertively. If I were you, I'd see how big this private terrain is and see if there is a backdoor somewhere..
<<

drigz

Post Fri May 27, 2005 1:52 am

mjpieters wrote:
drigz wrote:I'm inside, but can't work out what to do now. I think it is something to do with trying the other side, but can't work out how to do this - I haven't been able to get anything beyond a few lines of text (one of which told me I was inside, the others seemed useless) from varying the numbers in described in Section N.N.

Well, you got in at the front. I'd advice against dismissing any messages as useless though. As with an earlier level (evil!) don't be deceived by what the challenge tells you so assertively. If I were you, I'd see how big this private terrain is and see if there is a backdoor somewhere..

Do I need the 'sequence-y' number for this? I can't work out what that is, or if I have it, or indeed what 'sequence-y' means...

using y- (where y is one of a set of numbers) I got the messages I mentioned before. However, trying -0, -y, 0-y, y-0, (and anything else I could think of) just gives the JPEG or nothing.

EDIT: Solved it. To get in the back, you need to find the back first. Then just repeat the previous tactic.
<<

glmrenard

Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:16 am

How to start ?

Hello,

I think I have a problem... I don't know how to start this level, what's JPEG privateness and so on. I can't see any useful data (using hexdump) and while I try to work with all the RGB comopnent of the unreal?jpg... Nothong comes to me so here I'am stuck ...
Any hint (ou can PM if you want)

I've read all this thread carefully !
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:21 am

Re: How to start ?

glmrenard wrote:I don't know how to start this level, what's JPEG privateness and so on. I can't see any useful data (using hexdump) and while I try to work with all the RGB comopnent of the unreal?jpg...

The image itself isn't really that useful. It's the packaging of the image that is more interesting. If you use a python library to download the image, have a look what information came along with it. It's not unlike the snack level.
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints