FAQ  •  Login

Level 19

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

cmiller0

Posts: 2

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 6:39 pm

Post Fri May 13, 2005 10:18 pm

jtauber wrote:I didn't get the relevance of the map, though.


You've never read Gulliver's Travels?

(No, Gulliver didn't go to Asia.)
<<

birkenfeld

Posts: 31

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 1:11 am

Post Sun May 15, 2005 11:53 am

If you are heretic you should use an external program to import the ... eh ... data.
<<

onai

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Post Wed May 18, 2005 1:30 pm

Dan wrote:Never mind. I misheard them. Damn, I'm an *****!


I could finish only thanks to this hint. I am not a native English speaker, and I did not recognize [spoiler removed]. But perhaps I missed some further processing ? (I made only one transformation, as suggested by the map) ...
<<

rick_muller

Posts: 15

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Post Fri May 20, 2005 5:49 am

onai wrote:
Dan wrote:Never mind. I misheard them. Damn, I'm an *****!


I could finish only thanks to this hint. I am not a native English speaker, and I did not recognize [spoiler removed]. But perhaps I missed some further processing ? (I made only one transformation, as suggested by the map) ...


Argh! It's frustrating to us bone-heads to see someone take a totally innocuous looking sentence and claim that it clued them into the whole scheme.

I need yet-another-hint here. Can anyone suggest something to me? Such as a hint to the module I should use to listen more carefully? wave didn't work for me (although maybe I'm just too dense to see what I'm supposed to do).
<<

rick_muller

Posts: 15

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Post Fri May 20, 2005 8:04 am

Talking to myself

rick_muller wrote:Argh! It's frustrating to us bone-heads to see someone take a totally innocuous looking sentence and claim that it clued them into the whole scheme.

I need yet-another-hint here. Can anyone suggest something to me? Such as a hint to the module I should use to listen more carefully? wave didn't work for me (although maybe I'm just too dense to see what I'm supposed to do).


I seem to be answering a lot of my own posts, lately. In any case, I guess calling myself a "bone-head" wasn't quite the right word...

On to 20.
<<

drigz

Posts: 23

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 9:41 am

Post Tue May 24, 2005 2:25 pm

That was mean! I felt hurt - it took me a while to solve the problem.

Can someone PM/rot13 me the joke?
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Posts: 172

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:56 am

Location: Norway

Post Wed May 25, 2005 12:33 am

drigz wrote:Can someone PM/rot13 me the joke?


The solutions wiki explains it.
<<

wo

Posts: 7

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:53 am

Location: Japan

Post Wed May 25, 2005 8:10 am

onai wrote:
Dan wrote:Never mind. I misheard them. Damn, I'm an *****!


I could finish only thanks to this hint. I am not a native English speaker, and I did not recognize [spoiler removed]. But perhaps I missed some further processing ? (I made only one transformation, as suggested by the map) ...


I cannot speak English too.
I cannot catch the word after AN.

I have given it up.
How did you solve it as this word did not exist?
<<

johnlr

Posts: 41

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Location: kiwi in aussie

Post Wed May 25, 2005 3:28 pm

wo wrote:I have given it up.
How did you solve it as this word did not exist?


Hmm... It's not too clear is it?
I just did a google search on the words at the beginning and the answer was on the second hit. :idea:

Don't forget to put double quotes around your search :wink:
<<

pmduque

Posts: 4

Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 6:34 pm

Post Thu May 26, 2005 7:29 am

Am I?

I've understood the significance of the map and aplied it.

Now I know what I am...

But still have no clue on how to proceed. Do I need to recognize the tune?
<<

pmduque

Posts: 4

Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 6:34 pm

Post Thu May 26, 2005 8:09 am

I'm not hilarious!!!

I've misseard it the first time.

Now I know I'm not hilarious (my first guess) and I'm on to 20th level!!!
<<

wo

Posts: 7

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:53 am

Location: Japan

Post Thu May 26, 2005 8:16 am

johnlr wrote:Hmm... It's not too clear is it?

Yes, it was one of the unintended solutions.

I got Hint by PM, and got clear sound.
After all, I was not able to catch it.
(Because of my non-English ear)

I'm being considerably depressed.
<<

ajohnson

Posts: 38

Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Post Fri May 27, 2005 3:17 pm

The 2nd url confused me a bit, since it continues to 20 directly. I guess I don't need to apologize?
<<

rspyc

Posts: 80

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:15 am

Location: Flanders, Belgium

Post Sat May 28, 2005 12:43 am

ajohnson wrote:The 2nd url confused me a bit, since it continues to 20 directly. I guess I don't need to apologize?

You have to apologize, but not necessarilly now.
<<

pbm

Posts: 9

Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 12:30 pm

Location: UK

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:40 am

All these hints are going straight over my head.

I heard the obvious word and tried and failed to apologize. Then I listened more carefully and convinced myself it was something else, connected with India, but that doesn't work either. I'm stuck again. Help :?:
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kenvinlak and 7 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.