Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

thesamet

Python Challenge Leader

Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:37 am

this is what you should do...

If the level requires a password, use the following pattern: http://www.pythonchallenge.com/pcc/some ... e:password
<<

inkieminstrel

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:10 pm

I had a lot of frustrating problems with this one with files appearing correct and failing to display, and such. A piece of advice: be sure to handle things on a file-level, not on a line-level. They don't produce the same results.
<<

alisonken1

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 am

Still stuck on naming differences

OK - I'm still stuck after a week.

I still can't find a name for the differences in order to find the zip file. I've tried many variations and keep getting 404 looking for the file.

Or should I be looking at the difference between the images after I split it? (which, btw, I still can't name the difference properly).

Or - is it obvious that I'm rooting in the wrong directory?

Any more clues that might help?

EDIT - Doh! talk about not being bright {g}.
<<

amadain

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:47 am

down to the end

This is annoying. I have solved this up to the 3 images. I have 3 hex streams that I have identified are a type of image format. I need to know how to convert hex into images. PIL only works with pixel location and colour.
Anybody?
I'm sooo close now.
A
<<

oiffrig

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:02 am

If you have the 3 images, simply look at them, if you've gone the right way
<<

amadain

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:04 am

3 images

No I have 3 arrays with hex data in them that when I google the hex data I find that the data is the header of png files. I want to be able to turn these arrays of hex data into png files. I know I am so close but I need help in closing the deal. I used binhex to try and turn the data into binarys that can be opened but that didn't work.
<<

jskora

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:46 am

Re: 3 images

amadain wrote:No I have 3 arrays with hex data in them that when I google the hex data I find that the data is the header of png files. I want to be able to turn these arrays of hex data into png files. I know I am so close but I need help in closing the deal. I used binhex to try and turn the data into binarys that can be opened but that didn't work.

If you think your data has a certain signature, have you tried just writing it to a file of the appropriate type (extension that is) and opening it up?
<<

amadain

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:03 am

never mind. I got it.
<<

amadain

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:09 am

amadain wrote:
No I have 3 arrays with hex data in them that when I google the hex data I find that the data is the header of png files. I want to be able to turn these arrays of hex data into png files. I know I am so close but I need help in closing the deal. I used binhex to try and turn the data into binarys that can be opened but that didn't work.

If you think your data has a certain signature, have you tried just writing it to a file of the appropriate type (extension that is) and opening it up?

No I actually had to binascii.unhexlify the data to get it to view
<<

jskora

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 am

yes, sorry, it has to be in a string of values form for that step. I missed it when I first looked back at my solution because it was embedded in my write statements. You shouldn't need a module to do that, int() and chr() convert it just fine.
<<

N3U2O

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Level 18

This challenge is very addictive. :) Just when I was about to give up I managed to solve it.
Previous

Return to Python Challenge Hints