Level 17

Moderators: UncleTimmy, mjpieters

Enjoying the challenge? Need a hint?
Make a donation and help keep the site running! -thesamet
<<

johnlr

Post Mon May 09, 2005 4:19 am

mjpieters wrote:
johnlr wrote:Basically I am stuck exactly where mjpieters was on the first post of this thread. I have a sequence of 118 elements, but get an error when I try to process it.

There are two methods in the helpful Python library that you probably used to collect the information that contain the vexing character in their function name. They both have counterparts without the extra suffix. Check their use.

oh geeze...easy now :lol: am I nearly finished or what?
<<

johnlr

Post Mon May 09, 2005 5:13 am

Yay...level 18 here I come 8)
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Mon May 09, 2005 5:16 am

Re: I need some help

mstarzyk wrote:I have found the compressed file and read the message inside.
But I don't know how to interpret it. Who should I call ? Is this
the famous Mr L ? Who is that anyway ?

In level 15, did you see the TODO note? The message concerns that todo item. L is related to the solution for level 15 (the URL for level 16).
<<

stedi

Post Mon May 09, 2005 5:29 am

help needed

I've spend already too much time on this level :-(
I have (finally) found the sequence, got a message, found L...
Is there anything in the message that a non native english speaker will find difficult to interpret?
<<

mstarzyk

Post Mon May 09, 2005 5:36 am

Re: I need some help

mjpieters wrote:In level 15, did you see the TODO note? The message concerns that todo item. L is related to the solution for level 15 (the URL for level 16).

Thanks. I found the L guy and told him what he wanted to hear. Now to level 18 :)
--
Maciek
<<

mjpieters

Site Admin

Post Mon May 09, 2005 6:47 am

Re: help needed

stedi wrote:Is there anything in the message that a non native english speaker will find difficult to interpret?

Not that I can see, I am a non-native english speaker, but I cheated by marrying a Scot...

The message you found just needs to be passed on anyway, the tick is how you pass it on.
<<

tzot

Post Mon May 09, 2005 8:05 am

Not so good this time

I'm at the (early) point that although I like eating chocolate cookies, I prefer to play. I went back to the level referenced in the picture and got my self busy, this time watching for extras I wasn't looking then --but there were none.

I have to admit I need some hint --if it's too much, you can reply to these questions:

* Am I correct in retrying the older level checking for extra payload?

* If yes, do I have to provide some payload myself (which I should deduce on my own what it would be?) Perhaps I'll have to choose another starting point?

I'd welcome replies and/or hints here or as a PM (if they'd be giving away too much for public consumption).
<<

stedi

Post Mon May 09, 2005 9:03 am

Re: Not so good this time

tzot wrote:* Am I correct in retrying the older level checking for extra payload?

yes
tzot wrote:* If yes, do I have to provide some payload myself (which I should deduce on my own what it would be?) Perhaps I'll have to choose another starting point?

Go there, play a bit, have a look inside your meal (the one from level 17). It's there.
<<

stedi

Post Mon May 09, 2005 9:09 am

mjpieters wrote:The message you found just needs to be passed on anyway, the tick is how you pass it on.

That's excactly what I feared. Since there are a few people who spend only a few minutes on this, I'm a bit lost and feel extreamly stupid...
Is there possibly something really obvious, I'm missing?
<<

rspyc

Post Mon May 09, 2005 2:00 pm

Finally

I've been busy with other things, but I finally found some time to try out what I've learned yesterday and lo-and-behold, it works.

Up to level 18 :-)
<<

Stevie-O

Post Mon May 09, 2005 4:35 pm

How to get busy?

I figured out what the meal was, but I'm still stumped -- I don't know how the heck I'm supposed to follow, when nothing ends after 65,667. I fear that I've been led completely away from the correct path here.
<<

Eridius

Post Mon May 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Stymied

I'm completely stumped. I found a few messages, went back and tried playing, but I can't figure this out. I can't find any compressed file. I immediately recognized the picture for the older challenge, and I went back and did it again, but nothing came from it. I can't come up with any other inputs to plug into the old challenge. I tried looking at the image, I couldn't find anything in it, not in the visual image or in the file itself.

Could anybody please give me a hint that would actually set me on course? Feel free to PM (or rot13) if you think it's too much of a spoiler for public consumption.

Thanks
<<

Dan

Post Mon May 09, 2005 10:28 pm

Re: Stymied

Eridius wrote:I immediately recognized the picture for the older challenge, and I went back and did it again, but nothing came from it.

If "nothing" was that came from it, you took the wrong path.

Btw, doesn't that photo make you hungry?
<<

Eridius

Post Mon May 09, 2005 11:28 pm

Re: Stymied

Dan wrote:If "nothing" was that came from it, you took the wrong path.

So what, you're saying the older challenge could take something rather than nothing?

Dan wrote:Btw, doesn't that photo make you hungry?

Yes, and I've already tried many variations on that theme, to no avail.

EDIT: Turns out I just wasn't hungry enough, but I get it now
<<

stedi

Post Tue May 10, 2005 5:43 am

stedi wrote:
mjpieters wrote:The message you found just needs to be passed on anyway, the tick is how you pass it on.

That's excactly what I feared. Since there are a few people who spend only a few minutes on this, I'm a bit lost and feel extreamly stupid...
Is there possibly something really obvious, I'm missing?

There WAS somthing obvious, I was missing. Now off to level 18...
PreviousNext

Return to Python Challenge Hints